There are several different factors that can significantly decrease or increase the cost to install James Hardie siding. Lucky for you, we have done all of the hard work for you! Simply use the following guide to learn everything that you need to know about installation costs for vinyl siding so that you know quick questions to ask siding contractors for your project.
Standard Installation Includes The Following:
– Standard grade siding material (HZ-10 8 1/4 Cedarmill Plank)
-Drainable Under-Layment (WeatherSmart)
– 5/4″x4″ Hardie Trim and other fastening pieces.
– Removing and disposing of all existing siding.
– Removing and reinstalling all items on the home including but not limited to (Lights, Fence, Deck Pieces, Outlets, etc…)
12 Reasons Why You Will Pay More For James Hardie Siding Installation:
- If the premium-grade siding is installed (artisan collection, different reveal, different texture, different style). See jameshardie.com for more details
- If you have a two-story house (scaffolding and ladders are required).
- If you have any separate buildings on the property (additional materials are required).
- If any repairs need to be done to exterior walls before installation can be done.
- Wrapping the whole home with insulation before the siding is installed.
- If the installation is done during the peak season (summer or spring) at the busiest times for contractors
- If door and windows must be installed.
- If the roof eave boards need to be replaced.
- If the soffit and fascia must be replaced.
- If the house has odd-shaped windows or is architecturally complex.
- When gable louvers and vents need to be replaced or installed.
- Age of the house
3 Ways That You Will Pay Less To Have Hardie Siding Installed:
- If economy-grade siding (HZ-10 8 1/4 Cedarmill Plank) is installed.
- If the new siding can be installed over the existing siding on the house. (Ex. Hardie Installed over T1-11)
- If an installer is hired during an off-peak season (early winter or late fall).