Your home’s value is largely affected by its appearance. When determining the value of a property, appraisers, real estate specialists, and prospective buyers all take the home’s appearance into account.
If you want to add value to your home through exterior remodeling, try using these five tips:
- Consider enhancing the front of your home by putting in a porch with a roof. Houses with covered porches have better curb appeal than those without porches. There is something warm and welcoming about a porch that draws people in.
- If you already have a porch, consider changing the look of the posts. Replacing worn or dated posts with a style that looks nicer can help update the look of your home.
- A fresh coat of paint is one of the fastest, easiest, and least expensive ways to revitalize your home. Adding a bit of color to your front door can create a welcoming entrance. Painting your shutters in a contrasting shade can also help dress up the outside of your home.
- Consider adding new windows or replacing your existing windows. Something like a bay window can add a lot of character to your home while also bringing more light into your interior space.
- Trim back overgrown landscaping. No matter how attractive your home is, if you can’t see it past your landscaping, it won’t matter. If any of the trees or shrubs near your home are overgrown, spend some time pruning them so that your property has a chance to shine.
These simple tips for exterior remodeling can dramatically impact your home’s value. With just a few minor changes, you can not only increase the value of your home but you can also turn it into a place that you love. Investing money in an exterior upgrade is almost always a smart move. If you aren’t ready to take on a large-scale remodeling project, try tackling some smaller projects first to begin helping your home look its best.
Contact us to find out about adding value to your home now!